Stay tuned here to the latest alerts from your water utility.
Subscribe to have News & Notices, and Alerts delivered via email or text! Just another way we are working to better serve our community.
Stage 3 Water Conservation
August 07, 2018
Notice from the General Manager
Announcement of Stage Three – Severe Water Shortage Conditions
August 7, 2018
Drought conditions continue is our area. These conditions are naturally increasing the demand for water from the Corporations’ water system. The Corporation relies on well water to satisfy that demand. The wells in some areas of the water system are exhibiting signs of decreasing production. The Corporation therefore requests that members be mindful of the use of water and follow the conditions set below.
Stage Three Response
Goal: 15% reduction in daily water demand
Supply Management: Unless a specific request is made the Corporations’ staff will discontinue the flushing of water mains and any public landscape areas.
Water Use Restrictions:
- Water customers shall limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0,2,4,6,8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7,9), and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00 AM and 8:00 PM to midnight on designated watering days. The use of hand-held hoses, hand-held buckets, drip irrigation or permanently installed automatic sprinkler systems is permitted. The use of hose-end sprinklers is prohibited at all times.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days as noted above. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or hose that is equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rises. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-pools is prohibited except on designated watering days noted in item (a).
- Operation of any ornamental foundation or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculating system.
- All operations of the Jarrell-Schwertner Water Supply Corporation shall adhere to water use as noted above.
- Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water for non-essential purposes.
- The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard-surfaced areas;
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
- Use of water for dust control;
- Flushing of gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street; and
- Failure to repair a controllable leak within a reasonable period of time after notice has been given.
Your cooperation in conserving water will assist the Corporation from having to institute more restrictive Stage Responses. If you have any questions concerning the conservation of water or the Corporations’ Drought Contingency Plan, please contact the office at 512-746-2114 or e-mail the Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org.